PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PERSONAL DATA DEFINITION
Personal Information for purposes of this Policy does not include your name, photo and/or other information about you included in news or editorial content.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following types of Personal Information about you as described below:
(A) Personal Information you provide to us,
(B) Personal Information we may automatically collect, and
(C) Personal Information we may receive from third parties.
A. Personal Information You Provide to Us
In using our Products, you may provide us with Personal Information, which may include (the examples provided are illustrative and not intended to be exhaustive):
- Contact information such as name, email address, postal address and telephone number(s);
- Demographic information such as birth date or gender;
- Account information and log in credentials, including unique identifiers such as username and password;
- Payment and transaction information including credit or bank card information;
- Preferences for communications;
- Communications and opinions in chat rooms, message boards, forums, surveys, polls, and online forms;
- Access to your geo-location (including through our mobile app) or to other data held on social media platforms and other software (for example, access to your contacts, calendar or photos);
- Photos and/or videos; and
- Any additional information that we describe to you, when we collect your data with your consent.
You agree that you will provide to us only your own Personal Information, or the Personal Information of those whom you have the legal right to provide (such as in your capacity as a legal guardian). You agree to provide us with accurate Personal Information.
B. Personal Information We May Automatically Collect About You
Our Products may automatically collect certain Personal Information about you. This Personal Information may include the following (the examples provided are illustrative and not intended to be exhaustive). Any of this information may be combined with other Personal Information we may have or obtain about you from your use of our Products or from third parties as described below in “Personal Information We May Receive from Third Parties.”
- IP address, which is the number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, such as through your ISP (Internet service provider);
- Date and time of your visit, registration, login or use of our Products;
- Domain server from which you are using our Products;
- Type of computer, web browsers, search engine used, operating system, or platform you use;
- Your Social Media Platform login information
- Data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting or using our Products;
- Your location data
- Your behavior, movement and activity on or within the Product;
- Your profile information
- Geo-location information through the use of any of our mobile applications;
- Your list of contacts, friends or followers
- Mobile device information, including the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or “UDID”); and
- Certain Personal Information about your activities on the Social Media Platform
- Mobile application identification and behavior, use, and aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from.
- If you sign up for text messaging, cookies or other tracking devices may be used to personalize your experience (for example, to send you personalized text message offers).
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
A. Use and Purpose of Processing Your Personal Information
We use and process your Personal Information for the following types of purposes (the examples provided are illustrative and not intended to be exhaustive).
- To provide you with the Products, and other promotions, newsletters and information we think you may be interested in
- To respond to your inquiries and provide you with requested information and to provide other communications, including by email, chat or text messages, and including alerts, notification of promotions, contests, and events
- For marketing and advertising purposes, including sending you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and other third parties, provided that you have not already opted-out of receiving such communications
- For billing and payment processing
- To deliver personalized advertising and content, including textual and audio-visual ads and content
- To fulfill contracts we have with you
- To manage, improve and support our relationships with third-parties that we contract with in connection with our business, Products and services, including vendors, suppliers, and parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners
- To maintain, improve, customize, or administer the Products, perform business analyses, or other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, Products and services, , resolve technical problems, or improve security or develop other products and services
- To perform analytics for business purposes and business intelligence, such as monitoring traffic to our Products, counting ad impressions, and auditing legal and regulatory compliance
- To maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Products, databases and other technology assets and our business, including preventing fraud, detecting security breaches and prosecuting violators
- To identify and repair errors in our Products’ functionality
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, in which Personal Information we hold is among the assets transferred
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations and respond to lawful requests; and/or
B. Disclosing Your Personal Information to Other Parties
We may disclose your Personal Information to other parties, including:
- Our affiliates
- Service providers
- Advertisers, advertising technology companies, analytics companies and other third parties with whom we have business relationships
- Government regulators
- Our legal advisors and parties involved in a legal process
- To an entity involved in the sale of our business
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your Personal Information in connection with products or Services we provide to you
Do We Use “Cookies”?
Yes. Cookies, SDKs, tracking pixels and similar technologies are small files that a website or mobile application stores on your device that recognizes the user’s browser or device and captures and remembers certain information.
In general, we and our third-party providers, advertisers and marketing partners, use these technologies to optimize the functionality of the Products, to help us understand how the Products are used and to provide users with interest-based content and/or advertising, including textual and/or audio-visual ads or content based upon their browsing activities and interests.
If you sign up for text messaging, cookies or other tracking devices may be used to personalize your experience (for example, to send you personalized text message offers).
THIRD PARTY LINKS
We use commercially reasonable procedures and various technical, administrative and physical safeguards to help protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information. However, you should assume that no data transmitted over the Internet or stored or maintained by us or our third-party service providers can be 100% secure. Therefore, although we believe the measures implemented by us reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information or private communications will always remain private or secure. We do not guarantee that your Personal Information will not be misused by third parties. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security features.